Monday, March 2, 2009

Week of 3/2-3/6

Hello Everyone,

Just a reminder that we are in charge of coffee and donuts this Sunday. Please try to attend the 9:00 am mass with your family. It would be nice to see all the first grade families there. This week we will be exploring long I spelled i_e and author’ purpose in reading. I would also like to encourage you to come and be one of our mystery readers. Please call me or write me a note and I’ll contact you as soon as I get your note.

Sight words for this week: be friend pretty soon your

Spelling and Dictation Sentences:

1. “ You make the best rice cakes.”
2. Your friend gave you a pretty surprise.

Chall1enge words: shine white ripe polite
Bonus Word: fireflies


Math: We will continue on numbers from 60-100 this week.

Social Studies: We will be discussing the differences of a city, town, and suburb

Writing: We will be writing about ourselves. Students will use a topic and details for their writing.

Behavior: Please check their calendar daily. Calendar should come back everyday.